Key features of our Professional Learning Workshops
- Run by passionate science educators with backgrounds in science;
- Aligned with Victorian Curriculum;
- Demonstrates how inexpensive and easy-to-obtain materials can be used in the classroom;
- Conducted in a typical classroom setting with access to an interactive whiteboard;
- The guiding Power Point presentation is available to the school and each year level receives a resource booklet.
The workshop begins with an overview of science from the Australian/Victorian Curriculum showcasing the common aims for all levels. The bulk of the workshop involves teachers working cooperatively on practical activities related to specific science concepts; discussing ideas and clarifying uncertainties. During these times the presenter is available to discuss individual questions.
Your Professional Learning program can cover one of the following themes:
- Physical Sciences: force, movement, light, sound, heat, energy and electricity;
- Chemical Sciences: properties of materials, states of matter, physical and chemical change;
- Earth and Space Sciences: Solar System, changes caused by movement of the Earth and moon, changes in the atmosphere and on the Earth’s surface
- STEM: Materials, construction, and design process.
“I like the fact that simple things can be used in Physical Sciences”
Yr 5 teacher. Hillcrest Christian College
“The workshop provided new ideas and hands on activities to make learning fun and everyone can participate and be engaged.”
Prep teacher. Ringwood Nth PS
“I loved it- Thank you. Your knowledge and engaging presentation style were terrific.”
Year 5/6 teacher. Richmond PS
Download our Professional Development Brochure
Professional Development Broshure
Professional Learning (PL) Programs that give primary teachers confidence to teach science in their classrooms.
Book one of our engaging school incursions today!
Explore our fantastic range of school incursions run
by our passionate science educators.
“This session has really inspired me to do more science with my class.”
Lockwood Primary School
“Teachers and kids thought it was great. Lots of learning ‘hands on’ and reflection in the end. They learnt concepts. We will use you again.”
Kensington Primary School