Hands On Science
- From 1987 to 1992, our founders taught at the John Gardiner Science Centre, running science-based activity sessions for the students, science holiday programs, professional development for teachers and family science workshops on weekends.
- Following the closure of the John Gardiner Centre, Hands On Science was formed in 1993. That’s 25 years of engaging science.
Our current presenters include Olivia, Emily, Marilyn, Chontel, Jenelle, Edina, Alex, Rose, Charlie and Lynne.
- Hands On Science is committed to quality education and fostering greater interest in science in primary schools. Our presenters nurture students’ natural curiosity about the world.
- Hands On Science programs introduce basic science concepts and technology with a developmental, hands-on approach, while also incorporating cross-curriculum priorities. Students and teachers will gain skills and knowledge that will enable them to complete activities independently and inspire them to be creative with their ongoing science and technology programs.
- Hands On Science sessions are specially designed to meet teachers’ needs. They are designed to be in line with the Victorian Curriculum, and blend with IB Primary Years Program [PYP]. Our presenters demonstrate a range of different teaching strategies, while our programs and booklets showcase inexpensive materials and equipment for future classroom use.
Casual Science Teacher Vacancy
We are always looking for qualified science experts interested in science to join our team presenting incursions to primary schools throughout the suburbs of Melbourne.
This is a great opportunity to take control of your lifestyle and nominate the days you wish to work. You will receive full training on how to present our sessional science programs, with everything you need provided. Working with Hands On Science gives you the chance to specialise, as well as be creative, dramatic, energetic and enthusiastic as you inspire students to take an interest in science.
- Attractive flexible sessional work;
- Planned and organised sessions;
- No full time available.
- Strong background in science
- Willingness and able to travel throughout Melbourne and regions;
- Own car.
Teachers interested in casual teaching only need to apply.
Please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Book one of our engaging school incursions today!
Explore our fantastic range of school incursions run
by our passionate science educators.
“A thoroughly enjoyable workshop which tied in beautifully with our study topic. Thank you!!”
The Good Shepherd Lutheran Primary School
“Extremely well organized and explained. Students absolutely loved it! Instructions were explicit and the overall activity was very engaging and unique. The presenter was very friendly and intelligent.”
Cairnlea Park Primary School